1. Mike Grafton
  2. The Water Cooler...
  3. Friday, 12 April 2019
  4.  Subscribe via email
I have just received a message from the organisers of this year’s Ride London-Surrey 100 to say that we have been allocated a male team place. As you will see from the message below, we were unsuccessful with a bid for places for Female and Mixed teams.

If there is anyone that would like to take part in this event as a member of an iCycle team, please let me know by Friday 19 April. Should there be more than four people wishing to take part the riders will be determined through a ballot.

Please note the conditions of entry before putting your name forward.

Dear ICycle Cycling Club,

We are delighted to tell you that your application into the 2019 Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 British Cycling Club Challenge on Sunday 4 August, has been successful.

You have been allocated:

0 Female team(s)
1 Male team(s)
0 Mixed team(s)

Please note the above allocation cannot be swapped for a different type of team.

Each rider on the team must pay their own entry fee (£69) and complete their own online entry form by 17:00 Friday 31 May.

Important: if all four members in a team do not complete their entry, they will not receive a team time. However, they will still receive an individual time. It is not possible to merge any incomplete teams.

You will be sent an entry link by 17:00 on Friday 19 April. If you have been allocated more than one team, you will receive additional emails for each team allocated.

Please note:

· A team comprises of four riders.

· Every rider in a team must be a current British Cycling member.

· Teams can comprise of four men or four women or a mixed team of two men and two women.

· Riders who hold an Elite or Category 1 British Cycling Race Licence are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge.

· Riders who have already secured an individual place through the original entry ballot or a charity place are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge.

· Once a rider has paid for their entry, they are not able to transfer their entry to another rider. Should riders no longer wish to take part, they can withdraw and defer their place to the 2020 event. This will be possible after Friday 31 May.

If you have any enquires please email clubentries@ridelondon.co.uk

Kind Regards

The Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 Team
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I'm interested thanks
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. The Water Cooler...
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Please add me to the ballot

Bob
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. The Water Cooler...
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
I'm interested too.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. The Water Cooler...
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Mike, I would be interested.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. The Water Cooler...
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
I'm interested, Mike.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. The Water Cooler...
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
When is the ballot??
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. The Water Cooler...
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
The ballot for places in the iCycle team entered for Ride London-Surrey took place at the end of tonight’s Committee meeting.

Five people expressed an interest in taking part. Unfortunately, teams consist of four riders and, thus, one person will miss out on this occasion. The ballot was contested fairly and The following will represent the club: Tim Woodhouse, Ben Atkins, Bill Cottrill and Geoff Tilford. My commiserations to BobTate who missed out this time.

I will be circulating more information in the next day or so but would appreciate confirmation that the successful four are still able to take part.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. The Water Cooler...
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
It's a scabby event anyway. Expensive, pig to get to, bodies everywhere, tacks in the road, crowded, there is a nasty hill and last year I nearly died of hypothermia before we even started. However, I hope I am top of the reserve list if anyone drops out!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. The Water Cooler...
  3. # 8
Votes
Undo
That's great (sorry Bob), please put me as confirmed thanks Tim
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. The Water Cooler...
  3. # 9
Votes
Undo
Thant's great! Thanks Mike, I confirm.

Sorry Bob.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. The Water Cooler...
  3. # 10
Votes
Undo
I am doing this as a charity ride through work, although I'm the only one signed up for that it seems... Possibly see you guys there!
"When your legs scream stop and your lungs are bursting, that’s when it starts. That’s the hurt locker. Winners love it in there." - Chris McCormack

"Be stronger than your strongest excuse."
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. The Water Cooler...
  3. # 11
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

Who's Online

We have 98 guests and one member online